IRC Survey Results Are Here!
A big thanks to the twenty-seven club members who completed the March 2017 IRC survey! We received valuable feedback on what’s working well and suggestions for improving the club. We’ve posted the survey results on the IRC blog. Many of you provided valuable comments as well, such as ways to increase club membership, ideas for non-running events including hiking and biking, and more social events. Mitch Parker won the $50 gift-card drawing. Congratulations, Mitch! The drawing was held at the Spring Membership Meeting, with a great turnout of 18 IRC members. View the survey results here.
New IRC Member
A warm welcome to new IRC member Kristine Buker from Federal Way! Welcome to the IRC!
IRC Member Race Results:
Donut Dash 5K – 19:44, 15th overall, 1st 55-59
Resolution Run 20K – 1:29:20, 3rd overall, 1st 55-59
See club photos on the IRC Facebook Page.
Interurban Runners Club Board Meeting Minutes
Applebee's Restaurant, Federal Way, WA
March 1, 2017
In attendance were John Kokes, Alan and Deb Sofinowski, Pete Grove, Marianne Moore, Rick Garrison and J. Ellis. The meeting began about 6:05 p.m.
- No opening messages from the president.
- The February meeting minutes were approved with no change.
- Treasury Report: Alan reports a checking balance of $1685.62. No income or payments to declare, other than a few membership renewals made through Databar.
- Upcoming events: Marianne has set the date of Sept. 8 for the My Favorite Run at Dash Point. The March Turtle Trot Favorite Run is set to go. Marianne has reserved a meeting room at Vince's Restaurant for the Spring Membership Meeting. The board approved $175 for pizza and soft drink purchases for this membership meeting. Marianne has also received confirmation from Becky Jacobsen that she and Jake will host the Clark’s Creek Run for the April My Favorite Run.
- IRC Notifications: John suggested that we use MailChimp on a trial basis. Otherwise, we could have Kathy West make the club notifications using regular email platform.
- John and Kathy West have proposed a list of survey questions to the membership to gauge the sentiments and solicit suggestions of how we can improve the IRC “experience.” The board members reviewed the proposed survey with a couple of suggestions. The board also authorized offering a $50 gift certificate to a running store to encourage survey participation.
- The next board meeting will be combined with the Spring Membership Meeting at Vince's in Federal Way.
Meeting adjourned at 6:50 p.m. Meeting minutes by Rick Garrison, IRC Secretary